IO Associates are helping a leading organisation recruit a 2nd Line Engineer. You will be supporting and maintaining clients' IT Infrastructure, associated hardware and software, including installation and configuration of new solutions.
As the ideal candidate you must have a minimum of 2/3 years' experience in a similar 2ndLine technical role, preferably within an ITIL environment.
Role: 2nd Line Engineer
Salary: £24,000 - £29,000 + Private Healthcare, Pension etc
* Support & maintain clients core infrastructure i.e. availability, performance, security and operability (covering servers, networks, telecoms, firewalls, routers, switches and storage)
* Manage incidents and requests through to resolution in line with process and SLA
* Manage and maintain Active directory and Group policy
* Carry out regular server reviews and health checks
* Support IT project work when required - this may include commissioning and decommissioning of new systems, including testing and documentation
* Keep up to date with new technologies and share innovative ideas with the team
* Provide out of office hours on call support, on a rota basis
* Liaise with customers, 3rd party software vendors and suppliers
* Assist with 1st line duties during busy periods/annual leave
* Provide mentoring and encouragement to the 1st line engineers, produce process documentation & training where necessary
* Expertise in diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server & network related issues.
* Excellent experience and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & 2016, including, but not limited to, active directory, file permissions, DHCP/DNS services, firewalls and group policy.
* Excellent experience and understanding of MS SQL, IIS SharePoint, Microsoft
Exchange, RDS & Terminal Server
* Excellent experience and understanding of virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
* Experience of networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs
Please get in touch for further details.