Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Role: 2nd Line Linux Engineer
iO Associates are looking for a 2nd Line Linux Engineer working with a talented team of technologists working on a Data Platform tackling: cybercrime, money laundering, corruption, fraud and terrorism.
You will be very customer focused and have a passion for technology, you will be dealing with the support function within the company and be helping directly with customers and partner organisations.
There is huge career potential in this role weather you go into being a forward deployed Engineer or an Application Developer within the company.
* Provide 2nd Line Support to Senior customers and partner organisations
* You will be managing incidents, requests and problems following support procedures
* Assisting with R&D projects on an ad-hoc basis
* You will be working closely with the engineering team and be responsible for identification and root cause of analysis of recurring problems/incidents, which will mean continued investigation of recommendations beyond any initial fix applied to work around the problem.
* 3 Years in an IT Support role at a 2nd Line Level or equivalent in software development experience
* Experience supporting complex integrated applications
* Excellent planning and problem-solving abilities
* Familiarity in programming in a Linux environment with any of Node.js, Java or Python is beneficial
* Have exposure to any of the following ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Docker any of these would be advantageous
* Work well under pressure
* Strong communication skills and very customer focused
If you would like to be considered, please do send your CV through now and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.