Application Support Analyst required by my client to join on a permanent basis in their London office on Fenchurch Street. Our client is one of the top 10 largest US commercial property and casualty insurance companies and have approximately 7,000 employees globally with offices in US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
You will be taking responsibility for a full range of activities to ensure operational effectiveness of a variety of applications and services provided to our client's business community and supported by the IT Change team. You will be expected to become a functional expert on a range of applications used within the organisation, whether developed internally or by third party vendors.
General duties include maintaining a queue of service desk tickets in an effective and timely manner, providing support to the business by resolving service queries or acting as an escalation point where necessary, liaising with third party suppliers to resolve issues, executing operational activities to support business processing, and assisting project teams with expert knowledge of applications and their utilisation within the business.
Specific tasks require such skills as logical thinking, requirements gathering, prioritisation, initiative taking, multi-tasking, problem analysis, solution design, plus writing of test scripts and their execution. You assist with normal and standard releases for a range of applications, in co-ordination with internal and/or external teams as appropriate.
The scope of the role encompasses all European offices and may require occasional travel to these offices.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working in a similar role as either an Application Support Analyst / Systems Analyst
* Experience working within the Insurance or Financial Services market
* Exposure to a variety of business application systems such as finance, ERP, document management, workflow or data warehouses / marts
* Ability to foster relationships with the team and 3rd party vendors
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
* Strong SQL skills
Desirable experience required:
* Knowledge of any applications specifically related to the insurance business, e.g. underwriting or claims platforms
Business Systems Analyst, Application Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst