Business Automation Analyst needed for our client, a leading insurance client based in London to join them on a permanent full-time basis. You will be working within the Specialty Operations team, will be responsible for supporting the London Market Specialty business by designing, developing and maintaining desktop and RPA solutions to streamline existing and new business processes.
* Work with the business to identify issues and, where appropriate design, develop and deploy automated solutions for business processes, in support of strategic systems and using existing technology (typically Microsoft office suite or RPA systems)
* Create and maintain robust documentation for ongoing technical support of any and all solutions created
* Maintain and develop existing desktop solutions e.g. FINPRO trackers, Emerald/ Sapphire as required
* Support ongoing operational rollout of facility solutions by maintaining, designing and developing solutions for efficient handling of high volume business, considering the impact and potential risks of any solution
* Contribute to the ongoing development of operational capabilities, including implementation of innovative business solutions and delivery of enhanced services to clients, underwriters and practices and functions
* Respond to issues and requests within a timely manner with appropriate level of urgency, and follow up with customers on all issues
* Build a general and diverse knowledge of operations and its systems and processes including how those processes interface with clients and markets.
* Capable of delivering results in accordance with management specification and time scales.
* Lead or participate in O&T & IT projects as required. Assume personal responsibility for ensuring objectives and requirements are understood, documented and communicated to relevant parties. Monitor progress against agreed deliverables and time scales, intervening where necessary to address issues or to escalate them to Senior Management. Make decisions to overcome obstacles.
* Act as a contact between the business and IT, managing ongoing relationships with IT and keeping abreast of the latest projects and initiatives that may impact business processes and solutions.
Qualifications / Experience
* Previous experience working in a London Market insurance environment (Essential)
* Excellent knowledge of VBA across MS Office applications (Essential)
* Analytical thinker
* Looking for someone who can work independently and as part of a team (Essential)
* RPA (Robotics Process Automation) knowledge or experience would be highly advantageous
* Previous Data Analysis experience is necessary (Essential)
* Excellent communication skills and a willingness and ability to engage with internal customers at all levels (Essential)
* Knowledge of company desktop operating systems and software
* Knowledge of London Market business processes
* Microsoft or equivalent certification desired