DIESEL, CALIBRATION, MATLAB, SIMULINK, POWERTRAIN
Calibration Engineer - £27p/h - Coventry - 9m Contract
An experienced Diesel Calibration Engineer is required to join an established team working on future engine applications and technologies. The role involves both engine test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emissions to meet both legislative and customer specific targets.
* Diesel Calibration
* Technical analysis and problem solving
* Minimum qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
* Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in a diesel calibration team in an emissions or performance function.
* Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
* Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
* Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
* Fundamental understanding of diesel engine, combustion and aftertreatment operation and control theory required.
* Master of Science or Phd qualification preferred.
* Experience applying control theory preferred.
* Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable.
* Interpretation and specification of emissions and/or aftertreatment simulation data.
* Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
* Experience in the application of model based calibrations desirable.
If this role sounds like it would be of interest to you, please send your latest CV for immediate consideration.