IO Associates are currently helping an exciting, growing innovative organisation look experienced networking professionals to contribute to building and maintaining their national network.
You will ideally come from a Service Providder background and have worked on Core Migration. This includes the build, design, architecture, implementation and migration aspects.
It's vitally important that candidates are forward thinking and willing to learn and daprt to the ever evolving industry.
Role: Core Network Engineer
Location: Just outside of Coventry - Warwickshire or Bristol.
Salary: £40,000 - £65,000
* Implement ongoing maintenance, growth, and upgrades of existing national core ISP network, with a focus on maximising overall service reliability and availability
* Assist the support team as 3rd line support escalation for complex support issues involving faults in our core network, as part of an on-call rota
* Design and implement new core network sites
* Assist in technical pre-sales for complex customer requirements
* Assist in technical delivery for complex customer projects
* Manage BGP peering with external networks
* Participate in definition of new products and ongoing development of existing ones
* Assist in automating further parts of network operations
* Have technical skills at the level of a Cisco CCNP Service Provider (CCNP SP) certification or Juniper JNCIP-SP
* Have recent experience working in an ISP environment
* Have extensive experience with core networking equipment using OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, dual stack IPv4 and IPv6, VRFs and Multicast
* Have experience with access network PPP aggregation, BRAS, LAC, LNS and RADIUS
* Have familiarity with Carrier Grade NAT
* Have experience with multiple vendors, in particular we use Cisco, Juniper and Extreme devices
* Have familiarity with Debian Linux and experience with DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TACACS, and monitoring platforms such as Nagios and Cacti
* Have an interest in network automation, and ideally some scripting/programming experience in this area.
* Enjoy and thrive within a dynamic, high growth, small business environment