CTO - Exciting Fintech Start Up
Location: South West
Salary: Highly competitive base salary plus generous share options plus package
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you currently a CTO, or a Senior Solutions Architect / Team Leader / IT Manager / Development Manager looking to progress to CTO? If so, this could be the most important advert you ever read! Our client is an incredibly exciting Fintech Start-up who are backed by a FTSE 100 business. As such, they're able to offer all dynamism & vitality you'd expect, plus the security & stability usually associated with much more established businesses. This is a unique opportunity to join the firm's newly formed senior management team and play a critical role in the future technical and strategic direction of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Build and implement a vision for their software architecture and system infrastructure.
* Recruit, manage, and grow the engineering team (developers, automated testers, architects, data warehouse managers and DevOps).
* Embrace their 'Lean mindset', notably in the development workflow
* Evaluate, test, and implement new technology choices
* Engage with external companies and partners to maintain best practice and market awareness
* Maintain the highest level of technical efficiency, sustainability and security
* Budget oversight and management
Experience & Qualifications Required
* Experience of: Python (Django framework), React, React-Native
* Experience as a software architect or technical lead
* Experience in cloud-based system infrastructure (AWS)
* Experience, or at least familiarity, with automated testing, DevOps and data warehouse management
* Proven ability to run an engineering team and a desire to build and grow the people in your team to create a cutting-edge Engineering function
* Proven ability to interact efficiently with other teams
* MBA, Masters level degree, or equivalent
This is a phenomenal opportunity and one certainly not to be missed. To apply, please send an up to date CV or call Rebecca Long at iO Associates for an initial (confidential) exploratory chat.