IO Associates are helping a global organisation recruit a Cyber Security Analyst on a permanent basis for a company on the outskirts of Bristol.
The successful candidate will perform complex information technology and cybersecurity analysis and will be accountable for supporting the Team Lead of Security Monitoring through the delivery of a number of agreed services. They will also assist in developing, deploying and supporting key security processes to reduce the level of risk to applications, servers and networks.
Role: Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Benefits: Award Winning Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + 25 Days Annual Leave + Flexible Working Hours + Onsite Gym
* Actively monitor systems for anomalous behaviour.
* Appropriately and practically defend the enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
* Improvement of overall functional services.
* Initiate change, identifying opportunities for improving the Information Security Operations service and managing the implementation of continuous improvement / new ideas and approaches.
* Understand and apply industry best practice and innovative thinking, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate to enhance and develop processes and best use of technology.
* Recognise and act pro-actively to exploit future opportunities or to avoid or mitigate future problems/ conflicts.
* Strong experience working in IT focusing on Cyber or IT Security.
* Willingness to learn new tools and processes.
* Ability to communicate with both security leaders and technical analysts in a timely and concise manner.
* Basic knowledge of tools used for network security (DLP, NIDS, HIDS, AV, Firewalls, etc)
* Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills
* Experience in connecting disparate data elements in order to identify patterns of behavior in support of Intelligence reporting.
CISSP and/or a Degree in the subject matter is advantageous but not essential