An exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer has become available at a market leading global firm in Bristol. Your role will have hands-on responsibilities for the design, implementation and maintenance of our SOC-related infrastructure and technologies along with an essential role in enhancing the critical SIEM infrastructure.
Roles: Cyber Security Engineer
Salary: £55,000+ Excellent Benefits
* Provide technical design, implementation and maintenance of our technical security infrastructure and policies.
* Develop technical solutions and new security toolsets to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
* Build, implement and tune SIEM event correlation rules, logic, and content to filter out security events associated with known network behaviour, known false positives and/or known errors.
* Work with the Security Monitoring team to appropriately and practically defend the enterprise in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
* Work with the Threat Intelligence and Cyber Assurance teams to monitor and research industry information sources for zero-day threats and vulnerabilities that impact Computershare.
Skills, Experience & Competencies
* A minimum of five years of technical experience with a strong foundational understanding of enterprise system and application architectures as well as emerging technologies and approaches.
* A minimum of two years of direct hands-on experience in security technologies. (Such as, firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, SIEM, IAM, log management, DLP, Vulnerability Management, Web and Email Content Filtering.)
* Possess, or working towards certifications, such as, CEH, CHFI, CISSP, SANS. Vendor certification(s) in an enterprise SIEM product is a plus.
* Have an understanding of the security principles outlined in OWASP, NIST and ISO27000.
* Be able to adapt to a flexible working model, such as attending conference calls meetings outside of normal office hours and occasionally travelling to other local and international locations.
If you think this is the job for you, don't hesitate to submit your CV. Or if you would like to hear more, please contact Peter Barrett by email at P.barrett @ ioassociates.co.uk or call us on 01173 328 100.