An amazing opportunity has come available for a Senior Data Engineer with a client of ours, to work across a multi-disciplined team in world class HQ based in the South West.
In 2016 they launched their first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries.
Role: Senior Data Engineer
Salary: Up to £55,000 - DOE
Benefits: Pension, bonus, life insurance, amazing career progression, fantastic culture, flexible working, dress down, etc.
* Highly experienced in data processing techniques and analytics with Strong SQL experience.
* Proven track record of building and maintaining scalable ETL data processing systems (Spark, Storm, DataTorrentRTS, GoogleBigQuery)
* Great software development skills in (Java, Python, C#, Scala)
* Passion for lean agile development of well tested code in a containerised/cloud environment
* Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Presto (Athena), Pig, Hive, and Impala.
* Good knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Power BI)
* Knowledge of AWS data tools (EMR, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Athena, Kinesis)
* ML / AI experience with MapReduce, clustering and MLLib/Pandas
* Knowledge of DevOps practices and have used them with CI/CD pipelines.
* Knowledge and development using Cloud based systems (AWS/Azure or Docker-based container management system)
* Experience of M2M or IoT data applications
If you have the desired skills and want to work with cutting edge technologies and a global organisation then please get in contact so we can discuss the role/company in more detail.
Alternatively if you know of someone who would be a great fit for this role please send me their details. We offer an excellent referral scheme.