Data Quality Analyst required by my client, a London based insurance organisation, to take responsibility for the management of overall Data Governance Framework and data quality to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
The role holder will have a deep understanding of data quality and be able to act as the central authority. They will be confident in articulating to the business the importance of data quality and actively support ongoing adherence.
This role will be responsible for managing and leading data quality initiatives, the ongoing development of data quality standards and processes and successfully establishing the process for data quality to be monitored, reviewed and continuously improved.
* Manage the data governance framework structures and processes
* Undertake data quality and control assessments
* Embed practical guidelines on data governance across the business and outsourced providers to include a data policy and control framework
* Document and map data requirements across the business, understand data limitations and where possible specify data fixes
* Become the custodian of the data directory and data glossary and ensure these remain current and well used across the business
* Produce monthly data quality reports directed at key data uses within the business, including Operations, Actuarial and Finance functions
* In conjunction with the Executive and Senior Management Group define and maintain the key data quality metrics to be used across the Company to include Data Quality performance reporting to the appropriate Flood Re committees
* Challenge current processes, drive change and proactively realise opportunities for improved data to include internal and external stakeholders on all data related matters
* Ensure data controls are kept up to date in line with required standards
* Work with relevant outsource partners to address data limitations and support business rule improvements to address gaps
* Demonstrable knowledge of a Data Governance Framework within other organisations
* Experience of working within a Regulated environment and be aware of requirements such as DPA and GDPR
* Sound knowledge of data