Data Scientist required by my client, an insurance organisation based in London, to join them on a 6-month contract. You will supporting a new initiative by the business to drive forward their analytics capability using technical expertise in machine learning, predictive algorithms, and data engineering to realise commercial opportunities across the insurance distribution chain.
The role has the full backing of the Board and is driving a paradigm shift in how business is undertaken in insurance. You will be leveraging machine learning algorithms to improve pricing, risk selection, retention, new business sales and new product development.
* Degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics or other quantitative field
* Ability to build and create prototypes for analytics solutions, from ad-hoc scripts to exposing Python and R algorithms via APIs with Flask
* A relational database expert - SQL architecting and tuning - with experience building ETL pipelines and data loading systems
* Excellent knowledge of industry standard and cutting-edge data science technology and techniques
Desirable but not essential requirements:
* Bonus experience using Spark, Neo4j, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Storm, GIS, AWS, Hadoop
* An understanding of insurance commerce would be of benefit, but not essential