Data Warehouse Operations manager required for leading multinational insurer to join on a permanent full-time basis. This role has a board level reporting line with responsibility for an offshore / onshore delivery model with exciting strategic programmes timetabled for this year and beyond.
You will need to still be capable of being hands-on when it comes to ETL framework development. Role has a 30/70 development / management split and could be equally well suited for a Lead Developer looking to move into management or someone already in post looking for more exposure.
Our client are undergoing significant change and in the process of consolidating numerous operating co's. An understanding of data governance, data warehousing, experience working in an environment with multiple source systems and prior experience working in the London insurance market all would be advantageous in this role.
You will be responsible for leading and growing the UK team.
* Proven track record as either a Lead BI Developer / Architect or DWH / BI Manager
* 8+ years' experience creating and implementing data warehousing and Business Intelligence platforms and maintaining
* Excellent MS SQL skills (T-SQL / SSIS)
* Ability to identify KPIs and key metrics and deliver the information to decision makers in a meaningful format
* Experience with data integration from multiple different systems
* Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
* Kimbal vs. Inmon
* Star Schema designs and tools
* Data aggregation from multiple disparate sources, including unstructured data