SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Linux)
Linux based network devices and systems
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Exciting opportunity with a Cambridge based designer & manufacturer of computer connectivity hardware.
Due to the success of our leading edge IP-based hardware solutions and rapidly expanding customer demand for enhanced functionality, we are seeking a versatile, energetic, software engineer to join our team to architect and develop software for our advanced range of digital KVM-over-IP matrix products. The role involves close co-operation with other members of the software and hardware teams working on the developing our next generation of products. This is a key role in delivering software for our high performance KVM solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Excellent knowledge of embedded C
* Linux experience
* Good working knowledge of network technology and specific programming skills in Linux, Rest API, embedded Linux
* Able to lead a small team
* Able to manage more junior staff
Desirable / useful
* Experience of brokered WAN or Cloud systems
* Experience with Python, Ruby, Django and SNMP
* A working knowledge of encryption techniques would also be very useful
* A good understanding of the, sometimes complex relationships between network devices, users, groups, connection types, access rights and system status
* Experience of Scrum and Agile
If you think your skill set meets the requirements then please forward your CV to Charlotte Weight at iO Associates.
Alternatively, click 'apply' below.