Embedded Software Engineer- 6-Month Contract-North East England-£40-£50
I am currently recruiting for an innovative medical device company who are looking to bring on an experience Embedded Software Engineer from a Linux based background.
Duration: 6-month contract
Rate: £40-£50 Per Hour
* Bespoke ARM Linux configuration and build (drivers, libraries, kernel tailoring).
* Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools, such as Yocto.
* Up to date experience with an Embedded Linux platform, its configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel, drivers, and application development.
* Experience with Systemd and udev configuration.
* Ideally experience with am335x SoC.
* Experience using and working with a commercial Linux OS vendor is desirable, for example, WindRiver Linux or Mentor Embedded Linux.
* Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. is desirable.
* Experience reading and understanding hardware schematics for interfaces such as USB, I2C, serial is highly desirable.
With interviews already starting this project is of high urgency and as a result start date could be imminent.
If you would be interested in this role then please email me and up to date CV to or call me on 01173 328 100 for more information.