Embedded Software Engineer
We are working with one of the UK's major defence contractors who are looking for an Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join their development facility in Stevenage.
This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will be working on some of Europe's most innovative missile system designs by overcoming complex issues with a talented and focused team.
This role will be paying between £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
* Ideally a degree in Computer Science or another relevant subject.
* Significant previous experience with embedded C, C++ and/or Ada.
* Experience of developing real time embedded software using an OO approach.
* Ability to debug complex problems.
It is essential that you have, or are eligible to obtain, UK Security Clearance
* Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
* Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS.
* Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
* Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
* Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
* Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
Please apply with an up to date CV for immediate consideration. Alternatively, please contact Jordan Pyatt at iO Associates for more detail. I'm available on LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-pyatt-36670214b/