Enterprise Data Architect required by my client, a leading insurance organisation, for an initial six-month contract in central London. The business has just recently finalised a M&A and the successful individual will be in charge of developing the data architecture strategy for the firm.
Your role will involve providing the strategic architecture on projects across the group, defining and implementing data modelling standards as well as driving best practice.
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Data Architect will include the following:
* Define and implement overall data modelling standards, guidelines, best practices and approved modelling techniques and approaches.
* Plan, document and present enterprise data architecture-related strategies such as structured, unstructured and metadata.
* Lead the reviews of project Architecture Definition Documents and related artefacts to ensure that projects align their design to agreed and appropriate architectures. Direct Responsibility
* Drive best practice in regards to reference / master data, transactional processing systems, data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting technologies.
* Create and communicate data architecture, data quality, and data integration policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures throughout the organization.
* Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
* Act as liaison to vendors and service providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals and requirements.
* Represent the Data Architecture function in both strategic and project level initiatives across the wider organization
* Required: Financial Service experience; Desirable: Insurance experience
* Experience of the Data Architecture discipline in a global organisation
* Experience presenting to both very senior 'C' level execs, and supplier technical teams
* Experience working with multinational teams, located in Geographically diverse locations
* RDBMS Experience - Required: SQL Server
* Experience in data migration and ETL
* Experience in BI Reporting tools
* Experience with MDM