As an ETL developer, the candidate will be working within the data warehouse and lake team of the company. Typical client projects are driven from business engagements, leading to the design and development of data lakes and data warehouses. The creation of visualisations to access data may also be required, such as graphical dashboards and reports.
* An understanding of the Kimball & Agile methodology is required as the client aims at delivering a versatile and user-friendly service.
* To be able to come up with detailed designs, it is imperative for the candidate to be a strong hands-on ETL developer and have a good knowledge of at least one ETL tool such as SSIS, Talend or SAP Data services. Also, any experience of WhereScape RED would be of particular interest.
* The candidate must be comfortable in dealing with clients directly, both in person and on the phone.
* It would be appreciated that the candidate would have a reasonable capacity to design and build relational databases, implying a strong level in SQL coding.
* Whilst not being the main focus, it would be great that the candidate would also be capable of producing reports and dashboards with tools such as Tableau, Power BI, business objects; but this can be trained.
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years' experience post-uni or be a long term data warehouse developer, since they would have a certain degree of autonomy in their tasks.
On the personal side
The successful candidate will have a genuine interest in data and have a knowledge of subjects such as the development of real-time data analytics, hadoop as a technology and how data analytics is evolving in a general manner.
Focused on the long-term, the candidate is looking to grow with the business and eventually become senior consultant and principal in the upcoming years.