The successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of financial tasks - including banking, credit control, payroll, creditor management and management accounts. They will be key to assisting our revenue and profit growth by providing financial and commercial support and improving the processes that underpin the business. On top of this, they will provide the Head of Finance with support on various budgeting, statutory filing and tax matters.
This role will suit a hard-working, enthusiastic individual who is keen to build their financial experience in a vibrant, progressive company. They will be comfortable with the operational side of the role but will also have the ambition and intellect to contribute more, all while continuing their studies. Although strong academic qualifications are favourable, their attitude and work ethic are more important.
Scope of Role
* Head of Finance
Key internal relationships
* Head of Finance
* Operations Team
* Managing Directors (X3)
* Managing the borrowing facility with our bank, ensuring reporting is completed in line with their guidelines, drawing money down in the most efficient way to minimise discount charges.
* Regular and rigorous credit control, using a clearly defined set of escalation procedures.
* Managing the purchase ledger; processing invoices and staff expenses, arranging regular payment runs and dealing with supplier queries
* Processing staff payroll including commission, payment of PAYE & NIC
* Regular bank reconciliations
* Assisting the Head of Finance in the production of timely and accurate Management Accounts & Board Pack; including P&L, balance sheet, revenue and headcount.
* Quarterly VAT returns, annual P11d reporting and liaising with HMRC where necessary
* Ad hoc reporting, commercial analysis and finance assistance to the business where necessary and required.
Key Skills and Attributes
* Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
* Proactive with a can-do attitude.
* Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
* Natural problem solver.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to flourish in a robust, sales driven business environment.
* 1-3 years' relevant experience working in finance administration
* Xero expert
* Excel expert
* Graduate with good A-Level results including Maths OR
* AAT qualified with good A-Level results including Maths
* CIMA/ACCA/ACA Studier
* Experience working in a recruitment company
* Experience using Receipt bank, Barclays, Lloyds business, Infinity, Bullhorn, TimeSheet Portal all desirable