IO Associates are helping an international organisation recruit an Infrastructure Engineer in Birmingham. The successful candidate will be facing web sites, their operations and the performance of the software running on them. They will also be looking at monitoring, problem solving and growth management.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £40,000 + Great Benefits
·Ensure the servers operate effectively on a day to day basis
·Administration and maintenance of all web database and application servers (predominantly Microsoft, some Linux) hosted mainly within the company's own data centre
·Configuration and set-up of new server systems.
·Maintenance of existing anti-spam and anti-virus systems and the setting of new anti-spam policies.
·Participate in the 24/7/364 on-call rota.
·Assist Infrastructure Manager in the planning and implementing the agreed strategic direction for IT infrastructure.
·Work with the IT technical team to ensure all proposed changes and enhancements for servers are in line with agreed standards and that technical architecture reflects company need and best in class for servers.
·Assist Line Manager in the design and implementation of short and long term strategic plans to ensure server capacity meets existing and future requirements
·Working with the Security Officer, assist with the planning and deployment of server security measures. Cover the tasks of Security Officer if required.
·Focus on continual improvement of servers, networks and overall IT effectiveness
·Resolve problems speedily and permanently
* Working to industry standard security requirements on large scale projects
* Strong Windows Server experience
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Experience working to group policy; domain name systems and scripting
* VMWare Versions 5.5 and 6
* Ideally experience with Linux, Wintel, RPA
* Experience supporting servers and data networks, delivering operational excellence
* Hands on experience of data network troubleshooting
* Application support experience with Wintel/Lintel platforms
* Window Server 2008/2012- Build and administration including Active Directory Management and Symantec backup
* Experience of HP/Dell Server Hardware
* Demonstrable understanding of Continuity Management
* Decision making and issue resolution skills
* Ideally you'll be a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) with MCITP/MCTS and have experience of EMC storage and Firewall & network security in Checkpoint
VMware is also essential