IO Associates are recruiting an Infrastructure Engineer for a leading UK organisation. You will provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support to the company's customers and internal business functions. Minimising the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the business and preventing re occurrence of Incidents.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Training + Benefits + Progression
* Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
* Responsible for the entire Web stack (open source Linux based technologies). & secure standard setup, High Availability, Load balancing, proxy technologies whilst continuously monitoring the service and working with the dev to implement improvements where identified.
* Be part of the on-call and out-of-hours rota
* Storage administration for the VMware stack and backup infrastructure.
* Configuration, integration, and liaising with a range of key stakeholders
* Previous experience of designing and implementing highly available, Load balanced Web applications (Linux & Apache)
* Renewing SSL certificates
* Web server configuration (apache 2.2/2.4 and nginx)
·At least 3 years commercial experience with Linux infrastructure
·Practical experience in monitoring and tuning various applications/infrastructure to provide a highly available service (Nagios, Observium, SNMP, ELK)
·Demonstrable strong experience of implementing and managing Linux (CentOS 6/7) systems and related software (bind/named, apache, nginx, haproxy, keepalived, yum repository management)
·Support of large, complex, customer-facing platforms - Essential
·Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. PowerShell, VBScript, Bash - Essential
·VMware infrastructure administration
·Experience acting as an escalation point for help desk problems
·VPN Firewalls & administer VPNs between sites
·Experience with automation/configuration management (Ansible & Puppet)
Please get in touch ASAP if interested