iO Associates are helping a global organisation in Bristol recruit an Infrastructure Engineer (AWS).
The successful candidate will support the move of systems into a cloud based environment as well as own and develop key processes for managing the infrastructure environment.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer (AWS)
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Great Benefits
You must be able to gain SC clearance
* Coordinate with service providers, partners, and external organisations to ensure infrastructure solutions are implemented and maintained as designed within agreed-upon time scales.
* Support the maintenance, 3rd party support, and patching of assigned IT hardware, software, servers, firewalls and related infrastructure.
* Proactively develop and maintain processes required to support the full lifecycle of the company infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to patching, capacity management and access control processes
* Interrogate logs and system tools to support audit activities
* Co-ordinate preventative maintenance work; maintain protection and oversee other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness of company systems
* Ensure disaster recovery documentation is maintained in a current state.
* Fix incidents quickly and implements planned work requests within agreed-upon timescales. Manages tasks through to resolution, otherwise escalate to another team member or the Head of Engineering Operations.
* Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (AWS), support the migration and provide long term support of systems within various hosted platforms (cloud, private cloud, on premise, hybrid)
* Must have experience of working in complex security environments
* Experience of managing Linux environments
* 5+ years Infrastructure Experience
* Broad knowledge and understanding about many aspects of enterprise-scale information technology deployments.
* Direct experience of Cloud based environments (preferably AWS) with experience of cloud migration
* Ability to support and diagnose VMware environments
* Experience of monitoring / logging solutions
* Wintel Server support
For more details please call - 01173328100