IT Security Analyst | Permanent | Birmingham | £45,000- £50,000
IO Associates are helping an international organisation near Birmingham recruit a Security Analyst. The successful candidate will ensure that security is central to everything across the business, and a key consideration in all business projects.
This role will involve completing security testing of new solutions and taking responsibility for formal security sign-off for projects and new suppliers. It will also include assisting in managing day to day security operations, implementing new security systems, responding to security queries across the business and assisting with incident response.
What will the role entail?
* Formally document security requirements for all business projects, ensuring all security requirements are understood and are included in solution designs.
* Gain security sign-off from the Global Information Security team for all projects ahead of implementation, as well as ensure that any identified risks are clearly communicated and accepted by the relevant project sponsor.
* Complete security assessments of current and potential suppliers.
* Work with suppliers to ensure that that they understand and adhere to all security requirements.
* Complete vulnerability scans of new systems and applications.
* Respond to security questions from staff, suppliers and clients.
* Assist with the implementation of new security systems and delivery of the IT security strategy.
* Assist with the day to day management of security systems, ensuring an optimal level of security is maintained.
* Create and maintain security policies and procedures.
What's the ideal experience?
* Proven ability with analysing solution designs and assessing the most important security controls, as well as having a good understanding of the risk of not having certain security controls in place.
* Good knowledge of the current threat landscape and latest defence techniques.
* Good understanding of information security concepts and principles.
* Good understanding of PCI-DSS requirements.
* Good knowledge of security from the perspective of securing servers, workstations, network infrastructure, web applications, architecture and access management.
* Substantial experience in an IT Security related role.
* Experience working on projects, analysing designs, defining security requirements and assessing risks.
What's in it for me?
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll receive full training, support & personal development opportunities as well as eligibility for the following benefits:
* Pension contributions
* Employee assistance programme
* Life assurance
* Employee discount scheme
* Eye care vouchers
* Holidays (from 25 days a year)
* Subsidised gym (some on site)
Synonyms: Cyber Security Analyst / IT Security Consultant / IT Security Engineer / IT Security Specialist / Cyber Security Engineer / Cyber Security Specialist / Cyber Security Engineer
If you are interested and feel this role is suitable for you, please submit your CV to Daniel McCarthy now using the link below and we will be in touch with further details!
IT Security Analyst | Permanent | Birmingham | £45,000- £50,000 + Benefits