iO Associates are looking for a IT Security Engineer to join a global organisation in the outskirts of Bath. The successful candidate will manage their own projects and work in collaboration with the team on the latest and largest projects, globally.
Role: IT Security Engineer
Location: Malmesbury - Can do 2/3 Days from Home every week
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 27 Days Annual Leave, Bonus, Pension, Free Parking, Sports Centre Access, Discounts
* At least 2 years commercial security experience
* Linux system administration
* Coding in any modern language - Python, Perl, Bash etc
* Vulnerability scanning
* Appreciation of risk
* Intrusion detection
* Use of encryption - Desirable
* Penetration testing & experience with OWASP, NIST frameworks - Desirable
* Assist with building security tooling to support pre-commit, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment through to production.
* Support the development of security operations for monitoring, testing, audit and compliance
* Provide security risk assessment & recommendations, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect the business, and our customers.
* Contributor to enhancing development processes and tooling that highlight security issues to analysts early on in the development lifecycle.
* Willing to prove out security methodologies through the production of prototype code in your chosen language.
* Able to apply security principles across a wide variety of development languages
* Assist the Infrastructure team in improving platform availability using automated protection mechanisms.
* Design, coordinate and oversee security testing to verify the security of systems and cloud applications and drive the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
Please get in touch if you're interested in working with one of the most eciting organisations in the UK