A client of mine, an American Defence Company is currently seeking for a Developer who will play a key technical role in the delivery, support, and maintenance of our IT solution. With a strong focus on in house products built to provide support to our core messaging capability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as a developer, integrator, and analyst for complex and technically difficult assignments; collaborate with other developers working on production issues.
* Participate in application walkthroughs and in peer code reviews for conformance to standards.
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
* Consistently apply Information Technology software standards and help to establish department specific standards.
* Building Java Programs to support the business needs working in tandem with a complex IT solution.
* A good understand of Build and Deployment best practice.
***MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM***
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
* Minimum of 3 years solid Java EE 6+ experience
* Demonstrated proficiency of using JAX-RS, JSF and JMS
* Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle 11g database query development, optimization, and tuning
* Demonstrated proficiency (minimum of 4 years) in XML, XSLT, schemas, transformations
* Demonstrated proficiency in full disciplined SDLC lifecycle frameworks and methodologies
* Must hold or be eligible to apply for SC clearance.
* Practical and pragmatic approach - willing to get 'hands on' to deliver what is needed.
* Exceptional communication skills, fluent in English
* Experience working within a Linux environment
It would also be good for the candidate to have the following:
* Exposure or experience working with IBM Websphere 8+, JAX-WS, SOAP / XML / WSDL / UDDI
* Integration experience working with XSLT / XHTML / IBM WebSphere MQ / IBM Sterling OMS
If you are interested in the position, please apply or contact Rebecca Long via or 0117 332 8100.