iO associates are looking for an experienced Junior Java Software engineer to join a team of talented developers within one of our Clients in Surrey.
Successful applicants will be expected to proactively share knowledge and ideas, rapidly obtain information to solve the problem, ask for help in a timely manner when needed, and always stay calm and composed under pressure.
* Develop a variety of systems using Java and JVM based technologies, translating design specifications into software components from the ground up
* Design, develop and deploy different components with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability in distributed environment
* Work closely with agile team members to collaborate and influence new development
* Share technical expertise with the team
Skills, knowledge and experience
* Exposure to Java and J2EE technologies
* Exhibits drive and initiative to learn whatever is necessary to explore new and existing solutions
* Must have exposure in design and development of distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
* Experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
(Beneficial but desire to learn/cross train just as important)
* An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, continuous delivery
* Previous experience
* Educated to degree level (desirable)