Lead Systems Developer required by my client, a Lloyd's of London insurance syndicate to join them on a full-time basis. You will take responsibility for providing support and development of their in-house .NET applications as well as leading the development team.
* Works with the Business Analyst, Project Manager, Development Manager and Head of IT to write code to establish optimal technical solutions.
* Provide solutions for day to day fixes and project based development projects.
* Develops systems with high quality code to meet business requirements.
* Maintenance and monitoring of in-house applications.
* Prompt investigation of show stopper issues to ensure that any impact is minimal.
* Follows processes and procedures to maintain an audit trail of changes made to applications.
* Test code changes thoroughly ensuring that development is complete before passing onto Business Analysts for checking and progressing to UAT.
* Communicates with the team on development progress.
* Alerts the team when solution modifications are required.
* Follows best practice procedures to ensure that all system code is version controlled and retained.
* Investigates system issues as reported by both team members and business users.
* Develops existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
* To ensure that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in those areas of the business within the jobholder's responsibility
* Must have experience working in a similar role within insurance industry (Lloyds Market desirable)
* .NET Development (C#, VB.NET)
* Preferable Proof of Independent and team working environments.
* Preferable Proof of working with all staff up to executive level.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills particularly within the insurance industry
* Excellent communications skills
* Able to foster working relationships within the team and all business areas.