MECHANICAL, ENERGY, OIL & GAS, FEED, HAZOP
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Bristol - Up To £50,000 Per Annum
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, your main duties will be to assist and oversee the work carried out by the Mechanical team in my client's busy Bristol office. The works carried out will be of high quality, so you must have a strong technical background to be able to then present these projects to customers within the energy, oil and gas and infrastructure industry sectors.
Key day to day responsibilities:
* Ensure all work complies to ISO 9001 Accredited Quality System, including ISO 14001 Environmental Procedures and ISO 18001 Health and Safety Procedures
* Grow and develop the mechanical team and capabilities for the Bristol office
* Develop and deliver mechanical related scope for studies and projects from Feasibility and Concept, through FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, Commissioning and Operational Engineering support
* Provide technical direction and supervision of personnel and resources in the preparation of all mechanical engineering related deliverables
* Deliver input to vendor review and pre-qualification, bid evaluations and clarifications, vendor meetings, contracting strategy and mechanical package deliverables
* Promote effective communication and best practice within mechanical and across other disciplines and Regions
* Participate in site visits, project reviews, HAZOPs and design reviews
* Assist Management in preparing mechanical input for business proposals.
My client is seeking accomplished engineers with wide-ranging relevant mechanical experience, a significant part of which should be have been in an engineering consultancy environment. Some or all of the following background is sought:
* Expertise in the design of several of: onshore and offshore pipelines and facilities; mid-stream projects; storage / tank farms; process plants; petrochemical plants and FPSOs
* Construction and operations or operations support experience
* Exceptional familiarity with the fundamental requirements of mechanical engineering and the basic requirements of other engineering disciplines
* Experience of direct supervision of an engineering team and demonstrable ability to deliver efficient analytical solutions to design tasks
* Capability to work independently and effectively under pressure whilst working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams
* Extensive understanding of relevant National and International Standards and Codes of Practice (ASTM, API, NACE, IP, BS, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal, communication, man management and customer service skills
* Solid knowledge of feasibility, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, stress analysis.
This is a senior engineering opportunity and we expect that candidates will have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field of study; Chartered membership of the IMechE or equivalent institution would be desirable.
If you would be itnerested ni this opportunity, please apply with your latest CV for consdieration.