iO Associates are helping an organisation recruit a Linux & Unix System Administrator. The role will cover supporting the Unix & Linux platforms providing stability, performance and a scalable architecture. You will be a subject matter expert on it as well responsible for BAU, engineering functions and project delivery.
Role: Linux & Unix System Administrator
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits + Porgression
* Ensure all Unix & Linux platforms are supported to a high standard and incidents, requests and problems are resolved within a timely manner, within agreed SLA's.
* Provide best practice support and maintenance for Unix & Linux based platforms and supporting infrastructure including the delivery the following:
- Escalated on-call 24*7*365 support
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability and anti-virus management
- Support technical design and implementation activities
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
* Takes lead in Unix & Linux Engineering capability which involves creating and delivering technology improvement plans
* Participate in design and technology reviews and provide documentation where needed.
* Produces scripts to extend, enhance or automate functionality using best practice industry standard scripting tools
* Lead in the resolution of P1 incidents and to ensure delivery of optimum service to the business with management of any third parties or partners if required
* Leads on infrastructure planning in an advisory capacity for the Linux estate
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Working in DevOps environment
- Track record of delivering innovative solutions
- Strong track record in supporting infrastructure
- Automation and script writing experience
- Ansible experience
- Network Technology experience
- Satellite Server
Please get in touch ASAP.