Are you a motivated and ambitious engineer looking to surround yourself with like minded people?
Do you have a background in High Tech manufacturing? If yes, then please keep reading!
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Suffolk.
They have many years of success in the optical markets through excellent design, development, prototyping and high volume manufacturing for its clients and their special applications worldwide.
Now they need a Manufacturing Engineer to support the manufacturing of existing products and processes to meet stringent customer expectations of timescales, cost and reliability.
In this role you will provide direct engineering support to the manufacturing team ensuring products are made to the agreed specification. Yo'll also be creating and updating documentation such as Work instructions and process cards.
You'll lead the improvements within the production department actively working to improve yields and reliability. Continuous improvement activities will be paramount to driving down costs and delivering products on time.
Liaising with cross functional teams will be a skill you'll need to be comfortable using when you provide technical assistance to customers and sales department during such meetings.
To be successful in this role you will need:
* Degree in engineering discipline.
* Hands -on with a pragmatic approach and excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
* Good analytical skills, data analysis and presentation.
* Sound grasp of statistical techniques.
* Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
* Strong team player yet capable of independent and creative thinking.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a high tech Manufacturing Engineering environment conducting process control and improvement activities.
Ideally you will have:
* Experience with fibre optic products manufacturing and testing.
* Experience of reliability testing & quality control.
* Experience of technology transfer and related support documentation.
In return there is a competitive salary of £30,000-£40,000 depending on experience along;
* 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday per annum
* A day off on your birthday (after 6 months service)
* Perkbox employee benefits (after 1 years service)
* Autoenrol pension scheme
* Free parking, tea and coffee
If you would to find out more about this role, then apply below!