MECHANICAL, DESIGN, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, WVTA
An innovative client of iO Associates is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of "bodybuild" design to work in their R&D team on a permanent basis.
This well-established, family-run business has made their success in the commercial vehicle sector and continue to be ambitious as they look to add another member to their design team to immediately assist with some exciting, new upcoming projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To produce detail and assembly drawings for manufacture and procurement
* Produce BOM's, parts list, operator's manuals and maintain drawing office records. Ensuring accurate records and future traceability are maintained
* Source suitable products for company use, liaise with procurement and progress as necessary
* Workshop and inter-departmental liaison
* Application of all relative standards ensuring health & safety, vehicle road legality, vehicle type approval, risk assessment etc. are met
* Research new and improve company products and components as required.
* Previous experience working on the design of vehicles
* Familiar with the manufacturing processes (machining, welding etc.)
* 3D CAD experience
You will have experience in meeting legislative requirements such as Whole Vehicle Type Approval regulations and an understanding of Conformity of Production.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your latest CV for consideration.