MECHANICAL, DESIGN, SPACE, SATELLITE, SOLIDWORKS
Mechanical Design Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
iO Associates have partnered with an award-winning space company in Oxford as they plan to increase their capabilities by bringing on additional Mechanical Design Engineers to join their ever-successful design team.
My highly ambitious client is looking to become the globally leading supplier of deployable structures for the satellite industry whilst also provide highly competitive antenna solutions.
Due to the sensitive nature of the type of work my client is involved with, they require the successful candidate to undertake SC level security clearance and therefore you must be eligible for this (Be resident in the UK for at least 5 years).
This will be a partly customer facing role so you will need to be able to confidently present your work to the customer and work with them to adapt and validate drawings to a finished product.
* Design of space mechanisms from concept stage through to detailed design to enable analysis and manufacture
* Creation of piece part drawings from 3D models to enable manufacture of components
* Write documentation for Design definition, Manufacturing, Assembly and Integration and detailed procedures through interaction with MAIT teams
* Manage configuration of all designs (control of BOM)
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Strong Bachelor's or Master's degree-level in mechanical engineering related subject or HNC minimum with strong relevant experience
* Very good understanding of mechanical and thermal properties of engineering materials and their practical implementation, correct use of tolerances, Engineering drawing standards and manufacturing techniques
* High level of experience using CAD software packages for mechanical design (preferably SolidWorks) is essential
* At least 2 years' experience of working in the space industry is preferred
If this opportunity would be of interest, please apply with your latest CV for immediate consideration.