MECHANICAL, DESIGN, SOLIDWORKS, 3D CAD, MEDICAL
Mechanical Design Engineer - £320 a day - West-Midlands - 6m Contract
As part of the mechanical engineering team you will be responsible for development of mechanical design solutions for various medical devices. This will include development of new features and products as well as maintenance of existing designs.
* To participate in the creation and evolution of the mechanical design of the company's products
* To drive resolution of identified technical issues, including analysis of component, subsystem and system performance to determine root cause of failures
* To contribute to systemic improvements to product reliability and design for manufacture
* Creation of CAD models, drawings, specifications, test specifications and test records
* Liaison with manufacturers in order to review manufacturing process capabilities, materials and tolerances
* Liaison with Systems, Electronics and Software Engineering teams to coordinate feature development, problem resolution and test
* Design, build and test of prototype components and assemblies
* Maintenance of documents and processes in accordance with the Quality Management system and the requirements of ISO 13485 and 21 CFR820
* Minimum 2:1 BEng/BSc (Hons) in Engineering or related degree
* 2-5 years hands on system or mechanical engineering experience
* SolidWorks CAD (preferably in combination with Enterprise Product Data Management)
* Microsoft Office 2010 or later (highly proficient)
If you think this opportunity would be of interest, please respond with your latest CV for immediate consideration.