MECHANICAL, DESIGN, SOLIDWORKS, INJECTION MOULDING, PLASTIC, METAL
Mechanical Design Engineer - Up To £50k - Cheltenham
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a company who design and manufacture handheld controllers.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on and design experience. The ability to lead and co-ordinate a team is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To develop plastic and metal and injection moulded solutions for current and new R&D projects
* Take ownership of current part issues and product updates as required.
* Provide new product concepts and ergonomic design ideas
* To assist with the development of the engineering department.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team of externally contracted engineers and manufacturing staff based predominantly in the United States.
* The ability to work autonomously and accept flexible working hours within this fast-paced environment.
Your Experience / Skills:
* Substantial experience with SOLIDWORKS
* Working knowledge of product design
* Experienced mechanical engineer
* Co-ordination of product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence
* Extensive knowledge of Design for Manufacture
* Substantial experience of plastic injection moulding
If this opportunity would be of interested, please forward me your latest CV for immediate consideration.