MECHANICAL, DESIGN, 3D CAD, PRODUCT DESIGN, MOVING PARTS
Our client is looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development through to design and manufacture. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
Due to recent successes, my client is looking to diversify into new areas of their industry and some exciting, new upcoming projects means that they require a Mechanical Design Engineer with particular knowledge in the design of moving parts to assist with these new innovations.
* Assessing project requirements, developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
* Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with managers and suppliers
* Using research, analytic, conceptual and planning skills, particularly computer-aided design
* Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., CATIA, SolidWorks or other)
* Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
* Presenting designs to managers, producing details of specifications and outlining designs
* Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products, recommending modifications following prototype test results
* Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
Qualifications and Experience:
* Undergraduate degree (BEng/BSc 2:2 or higher) in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other relevant engineering degree. Degrees should be accredited by a professional body
* Must have at least 3 years' experience working with a heavy emphasis on moving parts
Please apply with your latest CV if interested.