MECHANICAL, DESIGN, DRAUGHTSMAN, INVENTOR, STEELWORK, FABRICATION
Mechanical Draughtsman required with good knowledge of Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD and good understanding of structural and mechanical design, that is able to design and produce drawings for bespoke industry solutions offered by the company.
The role involves more than just producing drawings. You will be in direct contact with the fabrication team, provide support to management and also liaise with clients and suppliers. Ability to learn new, exciting skills that few organisations can match, transforming you into a multi-skilled integral professional, plus you will see every project from its design stage to construction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company in a permanent position who can offer long term security and a solid workload.
* Design of structural steel applications and framework
* Produce 2D fabrication drawings and General Arrangement drawings, to aid a better understanding of the drawings and assist site installation team
* Ensuring drawings accuracy and conducting technical reports and surveys where necessary
* Producing accurate drawings to British and EU standards
* Files management to comply with ISO 9001 (maintain a drawing register)
* Previous experience in working with steel and sheet metal
* A minimum of 3 years practical experience in structural steel design is essential
* Must be able to demonstrate basic understanding of structural steel/framework design
* Knowledge of standard construction practises and site procedures would be advantageous
* Knowledge of manufacturing and/or fabrication methods and techniques
My client has interview slots available next week and an immediate start is possible.
If this opportunity sounds like it would be of interest, please apply with your latest CV.