Location - London
Job Role - Software Development Manager
Salary - £90,000 to £110,000
Technology Stack - C#, .NET Core, Azure, DDD, BDD, Agile
Are you a Development Manager who's as capable in the boardroom as you are in front of some code?
There's a fantastic, one-off Software Development Manager position available in a global investment management business based in London which is going to challenge you, but ultimately could be a life changing career move.
This company have sites all round the world, with 4000+ employees, with the technology function being an essential part of the business. Therefore the scope for progression for you after this position is fantastic.
Your main responsibilities in the role will be ensuring, and championing, that technology are represented in key decisions and strategy discussions, working closely with business owners to jointly resolve problems.
You'll have line management of a large software development team, liasing with board level stakeholders as you have a huge input into the budget/roadmap management piece.
Your day to day will vary from board level strategic direction conversations to low level discussions about items such as data attributes, technical debt resolution and interconnectivity. Therefore it's important that you like to take a multi-dimensional approach to problem solving, considering all aspects for the issue including people, process, data and technology.
This company are looking for a Development Manager who can still code but will have responsibility for technical strategy and delivery of a new platform.
The technical skills they are looking for are:
- .NET development using C#, ideally
- .NET Core
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Behaviour Driven Design (DDD)
- Event-based architectures
- Agile working practices and thinking process as a developer
The general skills they are looking for are:
- Experience of managing people within large software development teams
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies (SAFe ideally)
- Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
- Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
The salary for this role varies between £90,000 to £110,000 depending on your experience, plus a whole host of benefits that you'd expect with a senior post.
Please call me, Reuben Jenkins on 0117 428 0600 or email me your CV to r.jenkins @ ioassociates.co.uk - I look forward to hearing from you!