iO Associates are looking for a Network Engineer to join one of our market leading clients in Surrey.
Role: Network Engineer
Salary: £33-38k + OUSTANDING benefits
* Take an active and at times lead role as a networking and communications subject matter expert, liaising closely with internal IT technical teams and external suppliers and contractors during the design, development and implementation stages of IT projects.
* Working both independently and alongside third parties as appropriate, in the role of Technical Lead implement and configure new and existing networking and communications technologies.
* Create and maintain operational and support documentation for existing, newly implemented or upgraded services.
* Manage to a high standard a case load of incidents, problems and service requests, and where necessary find and document new workarounds and resolutions.
* Provide input in to a Network and Communications vision and strategy.
What do we need from you?
* Strong technical capability in multi-vendor networking equipment (data, voice, security and management) such as Extreme, Trapeze, A10, Palo Alto, Allot & Mitel.
* A good working knowledge of the network stack and network management protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, VRRP, DNS, DHCP.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to join the IT team to ensure that existing and new networking & communications services are of a high quality, highly functional and sustainable across the organisation.