Are you precise in thought and continually looking to innovate? Do you love seeing project through from start to finish? If yes then we want to hear from you!
My client is looking for a Development Engineer to join their growing team in Suffolk. Their products solve issues related to optical connectivity and fiber optic networking across a range of different markets such as nuclear, space and medical.
As the Development Engineer you will be responsible for the development of high-tech precision products and processes to meet stringent customer expectations.
You'll regularly lake the lead in completing full product life cycles from cradle to grave. During this you will ensure products are designed and developed in accordance with Design for manufacture and sustained profitability.
A key part of the role is liaising with sales and marketing team as well as defining a BOM and subsequently identifying/qualifying potential suppliers with a focus on costs and reliability.
As the Development engineer you will also be involved with process/product metrology and coming up with inspection techniques for new products.
To be successful in this role you need;
* Degree in science or Engineering
* 2 year+ Process/Product development experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
* Hands on approach
* Good analytical skills
* Proficient in Statistical techniques
* Ability to manage multiple project effectively.
Ideally you will have experience with fibre optic products development and testing too.
In return you will receive;
* A salary of £30,000-£45,000 dependent on experience.
* 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday per annum
* A day off on your birthday (after 6 months service)
* Perkbox employee benefits (after 1 years service)
* Autoenrol pension scheme
* Free parking, tea and coffee
To find out more about this role please apply by sending me a copy of your to date CV and an appropriate time to call, alternatively you can call me on 01173328100. Don't worry if you don't have an up to date CV, I am more than happy to talk to you about the role and assist you with any CV related questions.