iO are currently working on behalf of a pioneering company who are looking for a permanent Optical Design Engineer to join their ranks. Our client develops ground-breaking technology across a number of different sectors and is looking to expand their team due to exciting project demands.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the concepts used in optical design; this would be preferably built on a deep knowledge of physics. Applicants will preferably have been educated to PhD level but those with solid experience based on a degree or Masters will also be considered. Another preferable trait would be the exposure to full product lifecycles. Other key areas of experience and proficiency include specific software (listed below), collimated light manipulation and the use of dichroic filters.
In sum the desired requirements of the successful applicant will include:
• Understanding of the concepts of optical design
• Educated to a minimum of degree level, preferably PhD level
• Experience of working on innovative technology
• Exposure to full product lifecycles
• Demonstrable competency with either Zemax or LightTools software (similar will be assessed for relevance)
• Deep understanding of collimated light
• Working knowledge of dichroic filters
Sector(s): Medical, Automotive, Defence
Commutable from: Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Pontypridd and Bristol
Additionally, we would also love to hear from candidates who have a strong desire to work in this exciting and forward thinking sector but who perhaps do not have the entire skill set listed above. Positions for these individuals may be created.