One of our clients based in Wiltshire is searching for a confident Oracle DBA (Database Administrator).
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) will take responsibility for the management and day to day running of database environments for clients in the private and public sector. The successful candidate will have a solid background in database administration encompassing installations, migrations, administration, troubleshooting and upgrades.
Our client is using cutting-edge technologies on a daily basis and would be thrilled to welcome a candidate with great interest in the latest novelties of the field.
Working in a European leading company, the DBA will have varied missions to achieve with an overall high throughput of on-line transactions.
Essential experience / skills required
- Experience of Oracle up to version 12
- SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Oracle RMAN
- Experience in Performance Tuning
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux and Windows server platforms.
- CPU/PSU patching
- Ability to write detailed reports as part of consultancy assignments
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving and consulting skills, ability to work from vague requirements or problems
The role will involve using Exadata and Goldengate, which experience with would be useful but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a continuous improvement mentality, be sociable and communicative.
If you are interested to seize that opportunity, apply and I will reach out to you right away.