iO Associates have been retained by an internationally recognised Insurer who are looking to further expand their team by recruiting a Platform Support Engineer.
Platform Engineer specialising in business batch processing, and support for applications:
The Role will be responsible for the following areas:
- Production Incident/Problem/Change assessment and resolution..
- Defining and optimizing batch schedules and job execution
- Support of batch framework and tools in Prod and Non-prod environments.
- Providing expertise within IT around Oracle coding and batch best practices.
- Enhancing automation, scripting, non-functional testing within the platform area.
- Providing out-of-hours support on a team rota basis.
- Strong Unix shell scripting and ability to comfortably operate in a UNIX environment.
- Experience in PLSQL coding and SQL
- Oracle Forms development and support experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Source control (git) and within an ITIL framework.
- Tenacious problem solving abilities and key attention to detail.
- Experience with Batch Processing tools, preferably Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS)
- Basic understanding of networking concepts such as Firewalls and Routing.
- Experience or exposure to additional coding tools such as PHP/Perl/Apex/Java
- Experience working with cloud platforms e.g. AWS
- Understanding of relational database design.
This role is working on a permanent basis in Surrey
If this opportunity for a Platform Support Engineer would be of interest, or you have a colleague who you believe would be interested, then please apply to this ad or email me your CV directly or you can reach me on 0117 332 8100