Location - Surrey
Position - Permanent
Salary - £42,000 - £55,000
iO associates are looking for a Platform Support Engineer (Middle ware) to join a market leading financial services company.
This is an exciting time to join a huge company that are under-going a massive digital transformation you will be working with bleeding edge technologies in a challenging role.
* You will Provide Incident/Problem/Change assessment and resolution
* You will run in depth investigations on new issues to provide sufficient information in order to speed up problem resolution by the application development team
* Platform responsibilities: backup, performance, maintenance, patching
* Installing, configuration, upgrading software and related products
* Enhancing automation, scripting, non-functional testing within the platform area
* Supporting the development and project teams in a DevOps environment
* Experience of JAVA/J2EE Applications and Oracle Middle ware, Support of micro-services (load balancing, scalability)
* Experience with any of the following:
* Knowledge of basic UNIX shell and scripting
* Experience with cloud logging and monitoring solutions (e.g. ELK)
* Strong communication skills
* Exposure to a wide range of Web technologies (Apache, nginx, web services, EJB, logs etc)
* Experience working with automation tool's (Puppet)
* Experience working with DevOps (Kanban/JIRA/Continuous delivery)
* Have experience with programming skills Powershell
* Oracle DB experience
* Experience with SQL Server and Active Directory
* Have some experience with Puppet, Ruby, Jenkins
* Experience with Cloud Technologies
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Platform Support Engineer to join this business in a challenging and rewarding role.
If you would like to be considered, please do send your CV through now and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.