Are you looking to spearhead the production of a game changing technology within the automotive sector?
Are you an experience Manufacturing Director?
Using novel technology, my client is developing an industry leading Head Up Display which will revolutionise the in-vehicle experience.
My client is now currently looking to hire a Product Manufacturing Director, whose responsibilities will be focused around directing a team of both internal and external manufacturing engineers to produce a high-volume automotive grade opto-electronic product from a prototype design.
You'll be working very closely with both the R&D Director and the Program Director to take the product from concept design to full volume production design in line with automotive tier 1 and OEM customer requirements.
During this time you will provide hands-on technical and organizational leadership and mentoring to a cross functional team of Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Systems development teams and Product Validation, Certification and Configuration Management functions
It will be up to you to identify and take advantage of new manufacturing technologies to produce the very best product at the most cost-effective price.
This will require you to work closely with the product management and global leadership team to define product strategy, establish product engineering goals and objectives and ensure regulatory compliance.
You'll be a strong leader and mentor as you drive accountability while ensuring the workforce is engaged challenged and motivated with clear personal development for everyone.
To be considered for this role you will need to have most of the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in Design Engineering, Manufacturing engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical engineering
* Minimum 7 Years in electrical or software development
* Minimum 7 years in Tier 1 or Tier 2 Automotive Engineering environment
* 7+ years track record of leading cross-functional Engineering organizations, developing leading automotive products in competitive markets
* Knowledge of 6-sigma tools and practices
* Experience with project estimating and planning, bases of estimate
* Scrum and sprint techniques for development
* Design tools, e.g. SolidWorks, Altium, C++, LINUX
* Manpower planning and resourcing
* ISO14001/9001, IATF/TS16949 processes
The salary for this role is up to £120,000 along with host of other benefits.
If this roles sounds like it could be for you or you'd like to find out more then please get in touch ASAP by applying below.