Contract Project Manager (Defence Electronics)
Approx. £400 per day
Immediate Start Required
My client designs and markets leading edge defence electronics products. Customers include military and civil defence forces around the world. Much of the fulfillment for each customer project is sub-contracted. Successful delivery is absolutely dependent on strong management oversight.
The company is involved in a series of high-profile, high-value contracts in the Middle East. The purpose of this role is to oversee and manage the detail, to ensure successful completion. The role requires an experienced manager with appropriate domain experience, who is prepared to oversee these contracts and prepared to do the detail.
This will include but not limited to;
* Co-ordinate internal company resources allocated to the project, PMO resources and sub contract suppliers to deliver the flawless execution of the project.
* Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
* Act on a day-to-day level to make decisions and resolve issues surrounding technical, organisational and administrative matters, in relation to the project.
* Work cooperatively with the customer to ensure any issues are resolved in an effective and timely manner, and to assist the facilitation of product and service delivery.
* Manage the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility of the project as it progresses and evolves.
* Ensure resource availability and allocation is appropriate throughout the project.
* Develop and follow the detailed project plan to track progress for the project and feedback on regular intervals to all stakeholders the project status.
* Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs in conjunction with the PMO.
* Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
* Report and escalate to management as needed.
* Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
* Perform risk management processes within the PMO to minimize project risks.
* Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/contractors and suppliers.
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Experience & Qualifications
* Effective Project Management
* Commercial Awareness & Financial Control
* Purchasing in a technical environment - An effective negotiator
* Some overseas travel will be required
Must be available to start immediately.
If you are interested in this role please send me your CV in the first instance for immediate consideration.