RF Design Engineer
£35 -£45 per hour
RF, EMC, Wireless, Radio,
iO Associates are actively seeking for an RF Design Engineer contractor with experience in radio and EMC design and test. The candidate will work within the R&D team on an exciting new design of a wireless system.
- A minimum 6 years of proven experience as an RF and EMC Design Engineer.
- RF front-end component selection, circuit matching and tuning with antenna polarisation measurement experience for radios operating around 1GHz.
- Experience in right-first-time design of EMC and RF.
- Ability work with software and hardware development engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience of designing unlicensed radio system for short-range devices including air interface protocols is highly desirable.
- Experienced in testing to R.E.D standards for Class 1 radios (ETSI EN 300 220).
- Experience designing for EMC and solve EMC issues on-site at the EMC test house and make changes in-situ.
- Knowledge of RF/EMC layout guidelines and experience of design reviews of the same.
- Design / re-design of prototypes to meet the requirement specification.
- Adhere to the new product development best practises such a DFM, DFT and BPL's engineering process.
- Test and diagnosis of RF hardware and its functionality, including fault finding and bug fixing.
- Perform various stages of testing on the hardware such as qualification, verification and validation, pre-compliance and regulatory testing.
- Liaise with test houses for EMC immunity and radiation tests, Radio performance tests. This may require some amount of travel.
- Work to project timelines and ensure the highest quality product possible and help bring it to market on time.
- Create detailed test plans, procedures and test reports from requirement specifications or use cases.
This is a contract role and you can start immediately, if you are available and interested please send me your CV ASAP.
CV feedback and telephone interviews happening very quickly