I am looking for a Security and Network Engineer to join one of the most successful companies in the West Country. The successful candidate will operate and support all networking and related infrastructure, provisioned both internally or on behalf of our customers.
You will be working closely with the Head of IT Security assisting and advising in driving forward improvements and capabilities which assist continually improving the wider security posture.
Role: Security & Network Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Fantastic Benefits (Flexible working & free parking)
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a technical support and implementation role, with experience providing 2nd and 3rd level support in a similar field & will actively contribute in the implementation and support of business applications.
* Assisting in the collection, monitoring and analysing of IT security metrics to measure the effectiveness of security management processes and producing relevant reports.
* Perform regular system change tasks in line with customer requirements
* Design, implement and maintain network, security, wireless and voice technologies and solutions.
* Undertaking analysis of network traffic, hardware/software configurations, disaster recovery and network utilisation
* Assisting in documenting and maintaining elements of security governance (e.g. policies, procedures, standards).
* Serving as initial point of contact for information security inquiries and audits from both internal and external parties
* Monitoring, identifying and responding to incidents
* Administering technical operation of the LAN/WAN
* A varied IT related background is desirable, multi data centre enterprise environments with branch office deployments, virtualisation, Cloud, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS.
* Experience of network and security technologies, including Cisco, Checkpoint and Fortinet.
* Experience of Windows OS maintenance
* Networking Skills including LAN / WAN and Internet, Strong TCP/IP skills
* Excellent troubleshooting skills - Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery
Please get in touch for company details!