IO Associates are helping a leading Financial Services organisation in Surrey recruit a Senior Application Support Engineer. You will be involved in the resolution of the most complex application technical support needs as well as planning and developing processes for the design, monitoring, measurement, reporting and continuous improvement of service availability and implementation principles. This role requires somebody who brings significant experience previously.
Role: Senior Application Support Engineer
Salary: D.O.E + Great Benefits
* Strong experience in application support with proven record of managing major application issues and delivery of continuous improvement
* Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures
* Possesses an understanding of the interaction between service components and general processing concepts
* Understanding of Configuration Management and the Software Development lifecycle.
* Has a good understanding of one or more Monitoring & Automation tools (Control-M, Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios) and is able to implement improvements to help reduce MTTR
* Advises on what constitutes appropriate levels of testing / peer review for code changes prior to release into production.
* Knowledge of network protocols TCP/IP
* Good working knowledge of RDMS
* Knowledge of cloud (Azure, AWS); PaaS; SaaS
* Knowledge of development tools (e.g. GIT, TFS, Jenkins)
* Ability to read, edit or write in one or more programming languages
* Knowledge of one or more integration technologies (e.g. BizTalk, CA Layer7)
* Ability to automate manual tasks using scripting languages (e.g. shell, python, perl, bash)
* Plans and develops processes for the design, monitoring, measurement, reporting and continuous improvement of service availability and implementation principles.
* Considers and implements preventative and pre-emptive measures to improve the availability of services, both for release quality, and once in production. This may include implementing code fixes or making configuration changes.
* Coordinates and leads rapid application fixes and permanent resolution to problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve defects, with minimal service interruption.
* Leads investigations and proposals for changes and process exceptions.
* Leads the deployment of releases and agreed remedies.
* Supports availability management on reporting on achievement of problem targets, in line with service level agreements.
* Analyzes incidents and problems to show trends and potential problem areas
* Understands the end to end impact of service interruptions providing technical options/solutions to senior management.
* Leads major incident investigations.
Get in touch to hear more!