Senior Business Systems Support Analyst / SQL DBA required by my client, a leading Lloyd's of London insurance syndicate to join them on a full-time basis. You will be assisting with the day-to-day support of their SQL databases and insurance business applications and administering and supporting all databases within the organisation.
This role requires a professional who is capable of triaging issues across the full MS BI stack (including SSAS cubes) but not a Developer. You won't be required to develop data warehouse objects on the stack but help to troubleshoot issues and support root cause analysis. This could ideally suite an insurance SQL DBA that would welcome the opportunity to also gain exposure to application support or join a dynamic team with exposure to other work streams.
* Provide application support to the business SQL Server data warehousing
* Day to day external software vendor management
* Implement any authorised database amendments in accordance with the existing Software Change Management and related processes.
* Implement, monitor and maintain housekeeping and optimisation jobs, ensuring peak performance of all SQL Servers.
* To report to the Business Systems Support Manager
* Developing reports, documentation and operating manuals
* Troubleshooting business as usual tasks (application or database related) on a daily basis
* Must have experience working in similar role within insurance industry (Lloyds Market desirable)
* Must have T-SQL DBA experience within the last 4 years (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)