Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
6 Month Contract - £30-£40ph
London - (North West)
iO Associates are looking for an Electronics Engineer with exceptional experience in the Defence industry.
* Responsible for complex design and development of high speed digital circuits including microprocessors and FPGA devices.
* Can simulate high speed digital circuits and assess signal integrity of designed solutions.
* Likely to be involved in more than one project at any one time.
* Expected to be able to liaise with customers and external bodies as needed.
* Can accurately estimate work of self and others.
* Will identify cost-effective solutions in terms of both development time and materials.
* Expected to seek input from peers and manager as required; will ensure that work has been reviewed to a suitable level.
* Can clearly present proposals and constructively debate input from others.
* May have line management responsibilities.
* Is expected to provide a level of technical leadership; shares knowledge willingly.
* Is expected to coach and mentor more junior engineers on an informal basis only.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual
Skills and Experience:
* Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent and significant experience in Hardware Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
* Competent with schematic capture and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
* Understands best practice in probing techniques and measurement on high speed digital circuits.
* Can optimise complex digital circuits to achieve power reduction.
* Can analyse performance across process, voltage and temperature variations.
* Understands signal integrity problems and can select appropriate terminations.
* Understands power distribution networks and strategies to efficiently and effectively mitigate.
* Can devise HW architecture to meet requirements using appropriate technology to meet cost targets.
* Uses advanced SPICE techniques to ensure circuits are modelled against variable parameters.
* Determines verification test requirements and devises appropriate test plans.
* Understands TCP/IP protocols and Ethernet data communications coding technologies (copper and optical).
* Can optimise PCB stack-up design.
* Understands electronic assembly failure modes and investigatory techniques.
* Designs to ensure high yield and reliable solder joints.
If this job description is a good match for your skills and experience, please get in contact as soon as possible -